Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can TurboTax tell me my MAGI? I saw the article that explain how to calculate it (AGI PLUS some deductions) but TurboTax has all that info. Can it just tell me the number?

In the Desktop program you can switch to Forms mode.  Then if the form you are looking for is not listed in your forms in the left column you can call it up.  Go to Open Form at the top of the left column.  Open the US listing of forms and find the one you want.  There may be a pop up box you can search for the form like 8982.  

Can TurboTax tell me my MAGI? I saw the article that explain how to calculate it (AGI PLUS some deductions) but TurboTax has all that info. Can it just tell me the number?

mesquitebean, Eureka!  That works!  Thank you!  

For everyone that needs this:

>I went to form 8962 in TT and not in the pdf doc and right clicked on MAGI amount

>A small window pops up where I then scrolled down to where is says "data source" and clicked data source

>Another window opened up

>In this window in my case it showed 4 different possible sources.  It also showed the amounts and whether or not you needed to add or subtract to get to your MAGI

>Finally, if you wanted to see where on your return those numbers came from, simply click on them in this data source window and TT would take you tax form and at the same time leave this MAGI data source window open.

Thank you again to "mesquitebean"!

@Wynter2020 

Great news!   I'm glad it helped, and you were able to trace it back.   Good luck!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies