Marcus-Xpert

Can TurboTax detect errors and reject my submission before it is transmitted to the IRS?

I understand that TurboTax is accepting returns before the IRS has officially begun to accept them electronically. If for one reason or another, TurboTax finds an issue with my return, can it be rejected by TurboTax before being transmitted to the IRS?

Turbotax can only check for internal errors -- SSN mismatch between forms, dates with the wrong years, a dependent care credit when no dependent is listed, and so on.  Turbotax has no way to verify that the financial information you provide (wages, withholdings, expenses) are correct.