turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Can’t submit taxes

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
RobertG
Expert Alumni

The IRS is not accepting returns yet, but this should not prevent you from submitting your return; it should just go into a pending state.

Are you getting any error messages or reasons from TurboTax as to why you can't submit your return? 

The Internal Revenue Service announced that the nation's tax season will start for individual tax return filers on Monday, January 27, 2020, when the tax agency will begin accepting and processing 2019 tax year returns.

For further information, see the attached IRS website. IRS opens 2020 filing season for individual filers on Jan. 27

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Today is the January 27.  When can I expect TurboTax to submit my return? How will I know that it has been submitted?

WKins2
Expert Alumni

The IRS has opened the e-filing for returns today, and will be pulling returns from Turbo Tax in bathes (first filed basis). When your return has been pulled and sent for processing you will be able to see the progress by clicking here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/how-do-i-check-my-e-file-status/00/25538

It takes 24-48 hours from when the return was sent, until the progress has been updated. If you are expecting a refund you can click here to track that:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/00/25589

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies