rachelbrks1231

Can’t submit taxes

RobertG

Can’t submit taxes

The IRS is not accepting returns yet, but this should not prevent you from submitting your return; it should just go into a pending state.

Are you getting any error messages or reasons from TurboTax as to why you can't submit your return? 

The Internal Revenue Service announced that the nation's tax season will start for individual tax return filers on Monday, January 27, 2020, when the tax agency will begin accepting and processing 2019 tax year returns.

For further information, see the attached IRS website. IRS opens 2020 filing season for individual filers on Jan. 27

Tubastew

Can’t submit taxes

Today is the January 27.  When can I expect TurboTax to submit my return? How will I know that it has been submitted?

WKins2

Can’t submit taxes

The IRS has opened the e-filing for returns today, and will be pulling returns from Turbo Tax in bathes (first filed basis). When your return has been pulled and sent for processing you will be able to see the progress by clicking here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/how-do-i-check-my-e-file-status/00/25538

It takes 24-48 hours from when the return was sent, until the progress has been updated. If you are expecting a refund you can click here to track that:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/00/25589