Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't install TurboTax Deluxe 2016 on HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 from the CD? It gets to 3% on the installing screen and won't proceed beyond that.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ldarrell

Can't install TurboTax Deluxe 2016 on HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 from the CD? It gets to 3% on the installing screen and won't proceed beyond that.

Call Turbo Tax Tech Support. They can help you get it installed or can send you a new copy or let you down load it. The software disc could have a scratch or anything so this is not the first time they had this happen believe me. They will need to have your license number so you have to be able to provide that and that is not on the software, it is on the printing. So, once you do that they could let you download it from thier site. 

I had that happen the first time on Microsoft Disc I paid over 700 dollars for. It was not an issue. I have since in 27 years have had that happen occasionally, but not often. I like to have the discs for various reasons. So, they will always be able to provide you a copy of the soft ware if you can prove you are the owner. They used to have a way to lock you out in the early days of PC because people would share software and would not pay for it. So believe that they will Make YOU prove you are the owner. If someone else has registered the software, they will know that too.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies