turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jahoody26

Can't find my 2019 CA state download?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Please see the following TurboTax FAQ to help you find and download your CA state income tax software: How do I download the software I purchased at TurboTax.com?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
whealy748
Returning Member

Helen

You are NOT  even close to the right answer.

whealy748
Returning Member

In fact, Helen you 'answer' is a circular disaster.

Are you getting the "Your Software is Up To Date" when trying to download state?  That seems to be a common problem this year!

The only way I could fix mine is by calling support, and asking for a manual download.  Though later, I found this thread below.  Try running the Windows Fix-It tool, as described here

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/state-tax-is-not-working-on-turbotax-deluxe-2019-...

You run the tool, select "Installation Problem", then find the TurboTax 2019 wcaiper, or it might have your state name instead of CA.  Then try download again.  

If that doesn't work, you have to call turbotax 8004intuit, and ask them to add a manual state download to your account.  You could also try with the turbotax support facebook account -- this is a really common problem (there are dozens of such threads in the community forums with identical problem) so maybe facebook support people are now authorized to add a standalone download.   Either way, politely but firmly request a manual state download.  If calling support, I suggest you enter your callback number, so they call you back rather than waiting on the phone.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies