Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can't file

We have been using Turbo Tax without issue since the end of February. Two of my son's have completed their taxes and efiled already.  My third son had completed his taxes and paid to file the state return as well but keeps getting the message:

"You can access them whenever you’re ready. Here’s what we restored for you :

• TURBOTAX DESKTOP STATE RETURN CA TAX YEAR 2022 E-FILE

For state returns: We’ve restored your access, but you’ll still need to add each state to your return. After you close this screen, select Add next to each state you want to include on your taxes."

We have already downloaded our state and once we close the above message there is no "Add" button next to the state.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Can't file

Please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with a TurboTax representative who can assist you. 

@parkwall 

Can't file

I think this might be a problem between the way TurboTax runs on Windows 10 and Windows 11.  Not sure what it is but when I took the file to my Windows 11 laptop, I got the same message but when I closed the message it went to a screen and asked me to upload my file and completed the efile.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Can't file

Thank you for the input on this. We are happy that you were able to e-file in the end. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies