turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can’t file state taxes

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Can’t file state taxes

What state?  What error message are you getting?

Kevin1984
Returning Member

Can’t file state taxes

Can’t file my Michigan state tax return keeps saying fix social security format but all is correct ??

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Can’t file state taxes

I recommend the following steps to make sure everything is entered properly. 

1. From the left menu>My Info and double-check your social security numbers are correct
  2. From the left menu>Wages & Income>Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099) and click Edit/Add
  3. From the left menu>State>Michigan click Edit>Income and click Edit 

The Social Security format may be affected if it was accidentally entered as Railroad Retirement Benefits, for example, when that does not apply. Running through the interview would verify everything was in order.

Can’t file state taxes

@Irene2805 @KathrynG3 

I filed my Federal return electronically but have to file my PA state return via mail.  I went to print the PA state return but received an error message (no description of the error).  However, when I checked the PA state return (via TurboTax program), I didn't get any errors.  How can I find this error?

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Can’t file state taxes

I recommend running the state review again using Chrome.

If nothing is identified again, you can have confidence your Pennsylvania return is ready for submission. Are you filing any local taxes by mail, as well?

It is a best practice to send it via certified mail so you can prove when it was sent/received.

Manage cookies