Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can't efile if filing 8615 with pre-TCJA rules

I would like to use the manual override mentioned by Sher1 but I'm using TT online, which doesn't allow for this. My only option appears to be to forgo e-filing so that I can be confident the taxes have been calculated properly. Or will TT correct the pre TCJA rules tax calculation?

Should I be able to Edible while using pre TCJA or not? The calculations seem to be correct but When I get to the end TurboTax Premier tells me I can’t be cause I change a tax rate. 

Please help. If the problem was fixed -- Should I now be able to efile if I am using Pre-TJCA calculation on  scholarship income? OR, it that a blanket NO -- "You have indicated on Form 8615 that you are electing to modify tax of unearned income." This is a tax situation that Turbo Tax does not support for e-filing."

I have 2 state returns plus a federal and I'd really, really, really want to efile.

Hi,

I chose not to use the pre tcja calculation. Seems when you choose yes for that question that you will get the below email and can’t efile your return, only mail it in.

i have the TT cd software which allowed me to manually change the numbers.

i understand your frustration. Took me a month to resolve and it seems there was no TT fix, at least not for me.

mgt7
Level 2

I still cannot e-file my child's return with Form 8615 using pre-TJCA calculations (he gets a larger refund using the pre-TJCA numbers). My software is fully updated. Is this an IRS issue or a TurboTax problem?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies