Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

can't e-file

I know this can be extremely frustrating to say the least.  I spent numerous hours trying everything suggested along with being on the phone for several more hours and still no success.  Finally yesterday there was an update I was able to download using the  feature in the software and once that completed I was able to file.  I agree, the information provided and all the suggestions have been very unhelpful.  I am sure many people may consider other options for next year.

can't e-file

There are apparently a couple of things that "sometimes" work. The latest I had to use to update my individual was to sign on as administrator. That did work this time. I don't think Turbotax is even working on this problem

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

can't e-file

I can assure you that we are actively working on resolving this issue. We truly appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

can't e-file

awful. Been using TT for a decade. Will review other options next year.

TaxFreakOut
Returning Member

can't e-file

Same problem here with Home And Business. It actually updated and installed the state (MI) but still get the same looping error. We've been using TT for more than ten years with little to no issues. This issue is a big one that's going to lose you a lot of customers next year. Whomever let this software out with this issue needs to be looking for a new job.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

can't e-file

Please check the updated link, State Loop indicates TurboTax is "up to date" after updating but won't allow you to Install your sta..., to see if it helps with your problem. 

If you continue to have problems, please click on the Contact Us form https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/. We’ll help you connect with the right expert for your specific problem.

TaxFreakOut
Returning Member

can't e-file

I've tried the manual updates for both personal and business. Both say TT is not installed. This is turning into a huge cluster *uck.

can't e-file

Did all the steps mentioned in that post. I have a downloaded version of Home & Business 2019. Still doesn't work! I keep getting the same message when I try to e-file that there are updates before filing. And when I click on Check for updates, it says the software is updated. 

TaxFreakOut
Returning Member

can't e-file

Any word on when this issue is going to be fixed?

biondotax
Returning Member

can't e-file

I Keep going around and around  wants me to buy audit program I been using turbo tax for many years never had  trouble E-file before I updated whats wrong

JLL1

can't e-file

Turbo tax says I can't efile because "You have a description or amount on Line 18 write-in fields of Form 1040".

However, all lines in line 18 of form 1040 are blank....but I keep getting that messages when running a review.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

can't e-file

If you are still having issues e-filing, please contact a customer service agent by following the instructions here. They will be able to further assist you. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies