Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rtson

Can someone explain to me how to enter information in box 12d on a tax return when my w2 has code G and 1372.50 as the amount?

I am trying to understand what to put in box 12d on my online filing form. My W2 has a code letter G and the amount of 1372.50 in box 12d. I do not understand the options for the letter G on the return form and which one to choose. Also, am I suppose to put the number 1372.50 in the amount box on 12d of my filing form online? What does this letter G mean and how does it affect my filing?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can someone explain to me how to enter information in box 12d on a tax return when my w2 has code G and 1372.50 as the amount?

Code G is "Elective deferrals and employer contributions (including nonelective deferrals) to any governmental or nongovernmental section 457(b) deferred compensation plan."

On the W-2 input screen, use the pull down (inverted diamond) on the left and select option G, and on the right enter the amount with code G.

TurboTax uses this information as needed in the tax return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Code G is "Elective deferrals and employer contributions (including nonelective deferrals) to any governmental or nongovernmental section 457(b) deferred compensation plan."

On the W-2 input screen, use the pull down (inverted diamond) on the left and select option G, and on the right enter the amount with code G.

TurboTax uses this information as needed in the tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies