mayberrysean03

Can I write off tournament, hotel, uniform, flight cost and fees for my 501 (c) 3 basketball club?

DanielV01

It depends.  If you are a volunteer for the club, the amounts you spend on these items can be written off as charitable donations as part of your itemized deductions.  If you then have enough other deductions to itemize, you will see the benefit of claiming these donations on your return.

If you are a self-employed coach, you may claim these amounts as business expenses if you are coaching with the intention of making money.

If you are an employee of the 501(c)3, receiving wages or salary reported on a W2, these expenses are no longer deductible on your tax return.

DanielV01