Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

llockard

Can i use turbotax to make quarterly estimated tax payments

I want to file a Q1 estimated tax payment for 2017. Can I use turbo tax
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

You can use TurboTax to calculate the estimates and print out the vouchers, but you won't be able to make the payments through the program. 

Please see the TurboTax Help article below for additional information on making the payments:  How do I make estimated tax payments?

To calculate estimated payments, please follow these steps:

1.      Click on Federal Taxes > Other Tax Situations

2.      On the screen, Let's check for any uncommon tax situations, in the Other Tax Forms section, click on the Start/Revisit box next to Form W-4 and Estimated Taxes.

3.      On the screen Adjust How Much Tax You Pay click the No box.  [This is for withholding from a paycheck.]

4.      On the next screen, Estimated Taxes for 2020, click the Prepare Now box.  [If you've already entered information in this section, you will see the Review Now box instead.

5.      On the Review Your Estimates for 2020 screen TurboTax will display 2020 quarterly estimates based on your 2019 income.  If you think your 2020 financial picture will differ, click on the Yes box to adjust your income or deductions.  

6.      Continue through the screens, entering the requested information.  TurboTax will then calculate your quarterly estimated payments for 2020.

[Edited | 3/13/2020 |  1:13pm PDT]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

You can use TurboTax to calculate the estimates and print out the vouchers, but you won't be able to make the payments through the program. 

Please see the TurboTax Help article below for additional information on making the payments:  How do I make estimated tax payments?

To calculate estimated payments, please follow these steps:

1.      Click on Federal Taxes > Other Tax Situations

2.      On the screen, Let's check for any uncommon tax situations, in the Other Tax Forms section, click on the Start/Revisit box next to Form W-4 and Estimated Taxes.

3.      On the screen Adjust How Much Tax You Pay click the No box.  [This is for withholding from a paycheck.]

4.      On the next screen, Estimated Taxes for 2020, click the Prepare Now box.  [If you've already entered information in this section, you will see the Review Now box instead.

5.      On the Review Your Estimates for 2020 screen TurboTax will display 2020 quarterly estimates based on your 2019 income.  If you think your 2020 financial picture will differ, click on the Yes box to adjust your income or deductions.  

6.      Continue through the screens, entering the requested information.  TurboTax will then calculate your quarterly estimated payments for 2020.

[Edited | 3/13/2020 |  1:13pm PDT]

Why is 2020 turbo tax giving me an error in filing my tax return.

the error is coming in when completing underpayment of estimated tax by individuals.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

Since we in the Community cannot see your private tax data, please tell us what the error is and in what part of the program you get it (entering estimated taxes, Review, etc.)

Also, is this on the federal return or a state return?

The more information you can give us, the better we will be able to help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies