turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

maclumc23

Can ;I use the 2017 turbo tax, that I filed last year to do my 2018 taxes, or do I need to buy another one?

I want to do my 2018 taxes, but on my computer, I still have my old 2017 returns. can I just go from there or do I need a new CD, also what about the free online turbo tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

Can ;I use the 2017 turbo tax, that I filed last year to do my 2018 taxes, or do I need to buy another one?

With tax laws changing all the time, the software needs to be specific to the tax laws of each particular year. So you will need to purchase the 2018 TurboTax CD or you could use any of TurboTax online products.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

With tax laws changing all the time, the software needs to be specific to the tax laws of each particular year. So you will need to purchase the 2018 TurboTax CD or you could use any of TurboTax online products.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies