Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tomzen

Can I see the details of all different five e-files if I use the desktop version of TurboTax? If so, how?

I'm using the 2023 Desktop version of TurboTax.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I see the details of all different five e-files if I use the desktop version of TurboTax? If so, how?

No, not unless they were done on the same computer.  The returns are not saved or stored in your online account.  Only the License Code.  A desktop return is only on the computer that prepared it.  And I think it keeps track of how many efiles were done in your account.  So If they did 5 efiles on another computer you might not be able to efile anymore from  your computer.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies

For each tax return that was e-filed there will be an Electronic Postmark Report which has the date/time the federal tax return was e-filed and the date it was accepted by the IRS, if accepted.

You will have to Continue each tax return and then click on Forms.  When in Forms mode on the left side of the screen at the bottom of the list for federal tax forms, schedules and worksheets will be the Postmark Report.  Click on the report to open.

What details do you want to see?   You can check the efile status inside the program. Open your return and go up to menu item

File > Electronic Filing > Check Electronic Filing Status

If you want to see the returns you open each return and can switch to Forms Mode.  

tomzen

Let's say my family members use the same Turbo Tax account that is associated to the same key of the 2023 Turbo Tax version (a new change in 2023 version) to create and file five different tax returns.  My question is whether we can see each other's tax returns in detail such as incomes?

No, not unless they were done on the same computer.  The returns are not saved or stored in your online account.  Only the License Code.  A desktop return is only on the computer that prepared it.  And I think it keeps track of how many efiles were done in your account.  So If they did 5 efiles on another computer you might not be able to efile anymore from  your computer.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies