mdbrock

Can I reinstate an automobile which was using the standard mileage rate?

Automobile was removed in 2012 and I want to reinstate it beginning in 2014.

KennethB

Yes.  You may use the same vehicle in 2014 for business purposes that you used in 2012.

Use the standard mileage rate to figure the deductible costs of operating your car for business purposes. If you do not use the standard mileage rate, you may be able to deduct your actual car expenses.

For more information on the standard mileage rates for 2014 see the following link:  https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2014-standard-mileage-rates-for-business-medical-and-moving-announced

KennethB

mdbrock

Thank you.  Since the car was completely deleted for 2013, does it have a new DATE OF SERVICE or do I have to use the date of service I used in 2012?   Since it wasn't used for a year, I think I should enter the new date that the car was placed back into service for 2014?
KennethB

Enter the new date of service for 2014.
mdbrock

Thank you, Turbo Tax God...............:)