Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I recover my account if I no longer have access to the phone number or email used to make my account?

I smashed the screen on my phone that I used to file my taxes in 2021 and that is preventing access to the phone number and email used to make my TurboTax account. How do I recover that account?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

Can I recover my account if I no longer have access to the phone number or email used to make my account?

@ jpickford72   wrote:  "Can I recover my account if I no longer have access to the phone number or email used to make my account?"

You may be able to recover your account access yourself without going through TurboTax Support.  It's worth a try.   Read all of this comment first before trying.

First of all, before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

You should then hopefully arrive at a screen like the image below.

You say you no longer have the same email address or phone number, so leave the data field blank, scroll down a bit, then choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.   See this image (click to enlarge) :

SignIn.png

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies