• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acwms99

Can I input info to turbotax using Linux Ubuntu OS then access my account with windows OS to file with IRS?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Opus 17
Level 15

Can I input info to turbotax using Linux Ubuntu OS then access my account with windows OS to file with IRS?

If you are using turbotax online, any web browser that meets the minimum security standards should work.  If you want to use TurboTax installed on your own computer, it's not available for Linux.  Also, the installed program and the online program are completely separate, so any tax return started using the desktop installed program must be finished using the installed program.
*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Opus 17
Level 15

If you are using turbotax online, any web browser that meets the minimum security standards should work.  If you want to use TurboTax installed on your own computer, it's not available for Linux.  Also, the installed program and the online program are completely separate, so any tax return started using the desktop installed program must be finished using the installed program.
*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*

View solution in original post

edmond67

So who's the asshat who thought it was a good idea to keep LINUX users from putting the software on our computers? Who do we yell at, at Intuit?

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings