Solved: Can I file as single (fed/state/both) if I filed for divorce in MA in 17 but we're still in our nisi period? (Divorce judgement was entered in 17 but not legally final.)

meghanoriodunne

Can I file as single (fed/state/both) if I filed for divorce in MA in 17 but we're still in our nisi period? (Divorce judgement was entered in 17 but not legally final.)

WillK

No, until the divorce is legally final you need to file your return as either married filing jointly, or married filing separately. Once your divorce is legally decided then you can file as single. 

WillK