Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I download the online copy of software using the license from the CD I purchased at Costco?

I purchased the TurboTax Premier CD from Costco. However my mac doesn't have a CD drive and the external CD drive is not working. Can I use the license information on/inside the CD and download a copy of the software from the intuit website?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I download the online copy of software using the license from the CD I purchased at Costco?

WHEN YOUR COMPUTER DOES NOT HAVE A CD DRIVE AND YOU PURCHASED A CD

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2590568-i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-drive

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

11 Replies
shaila011

?? answer??

This thread is over a year old.  Post a new clearly worded question.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
jmeyer

what are my options if i use linux

are you firkin kidding me???  its 100% clear.  Can I use a new CD I purchased to download the software since I do not have a CD drive?????  its an obvious problem.
nikkilh

I am starting to hate turbo tax.  I cant use the CD and the link to download is broken. And I am on the phone waiting again - it's been about 5 times and 8 hours. They call back and say pres1 to speak to a rep then say we're glad you solved your problem and disconnect.

Three years ago does NOT do much good in 2019!

WHEN YOUR COMPUTER DOES NOT HAVE A CD DRIVE AND YOU PURCHASED A CD

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2590568-i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-drive

if you don't have a CD Drive, don't waste your time buying the COSTCO version.
judy2

Same here. Called TurboTax several times - they won't download a version. Told me to return it to Costco, and TT doesn't return calls.

I returned it to Costco, and downloaded from Amazon.  TT support sucks
jhadland

This option no longer available according to Turbotax.  Costco purchasers can apply for a refund or return it according to customer service.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies