Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I deduct secondary health insurance premiums? If so, what is the max (or how to calculate the max)? I am self-employed.

I have a primary health insurance from Obama Care Market Place, but it does not cover anything at all if not in the network. I would like to reduce the risk of medical cost that may incur out of network situation. So I am considering purchasing a secondary health insurance plan.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Can I deduct secondary health insurance premiums? If so, what is the max (or how to calculate the max)? I am self-employed.

Yes. You can deduct secondary insurance. For example, those who have Medicare can also deduct premiums for additional Medigap insurance.
solonman

where on the turbotax form?????

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

You can deduct health insurance and ling-term care insurance premiums for yourself, your spouse and any dependents if you are not offered coverage from you or your spouse's employer.  The deduction is limited to your net income.  The entry is in the Business Income Section. 

@solonman

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies