Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pbinoya

Can I convert Turbo Tax online to Desktop as am doing my other family members' tax returns also, and online only allows one federal return and I don't e-file ?

I already purchased the 2023 Premier edition from Costco and downloaded it on my computer, but for some reason I don't remember having to choose 'online,' vs 'Desktop,' from prior years.  So, I ended up
using the 'online,' version as honestly am not aware of
the limit until I started another return, and it wouldn'allow me, and just found out later after I researched/googled it.

I thought
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Can I convert Turbo Tax online to Desktop as am doing my other family members' tax returns also, and online only allows one federal return and I don't e-file ?

Good News YES.  Have you downloaded and installed the Desktop program?  And get it activated with the 16 digit license code?  

Are you asking about moving a 2023 online return to Desktop or to transfer a 2022 online return to start 2023 Desktop?   You can move your Online file to the Desktop program and continue without paying for Online or needing to reenter your info.

How to Switch from Turbo Tax Online to the CD/Download Desktop program
https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/intuit-product-orders/switch-turbotax-on...

Save the tax file from Online.....
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/saving/help/how-do-i-save-my-turbotax-online-return-as-a-tax-data-...

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW). Enter some basic information, then go to the state tab and download the state program. Then try to open your existing return, go to FILE - OPEN

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies