Can I claim my step kids even if I’m not married

If you are not married to the children's mother, they are not your step children.  Please tell us what you are trying to do.

Maybe.  If the dependent is not your child, you may qualify for Credit for Other Dependents.

Dependents who can’t be claimed for the Child Tax Credit may still qualify you for the Credit for Other Dependents. This is a non-refundable tax credit of up to $500 per qualifying person. 

To qualify, the unrelated person must have lived with the taxpayer for the entire tax year.

See the IRS website: Here’s how the credit for other dependents can benefit taxpayers for further information.