sherifrancis1

Can I claim my disabled uncle that receives ssi? He's lived with me throughout the year and I pay all the house bills and help support him

MinhT

Yes, you can claim your uncle as a dependent as he passes all of the following tests:

1.  The person can't be your qualifying child or the qualifying child of any other taxpayer. 
  2. The person must live with you all year as a member of your household (and your relationship must not violate local law). 
  3. The person's gross income for the year must be less than $4,050. 
  4. You must provide more than half of the person's total support for the year.
  5. The person is a U.S. citizen, U.S. resident alien, U.S. national.
  6. The person is not a married person who files a joint return unless that joint return is filed only to claim a refund of withheld income tax or estimated tax paid.