Solved: Can I claim my daughter without any income coming in?

Can I claim my daughter without any income coming in?

If you have no income of any kind to report on a tax return there is no point in filing the return with or without claiming a dependent.  You would not be eligible for an child tax credits or EIC without any income.

If you have no income for the tax year, then why are you filing a return at all? ALso, if you have no income, then how are you supporting yourself and your daughter?

Not me my girlfriend  doesn’t work for first time in a year as she usually claims her prior years. So that’s why I ask

Did she live with you the whole year?  If she lived with you and made less than 4,000 you can claim her and your child as dependents.