• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kchaule1

Can I claim deduction for paying psychologist fees per court ordered requiring supervision for counselling as legal fees?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Opus 17
Level 15

Can I claim deduction for paying psychologist fees per court ordered requiring supervision for counselling as legal fees?

Personal legal fees and related expenses are not deductible.  Counseling can be a medical expense deduction.  

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*

View solution in original post

2 Replies
macuser_22
Level 15

legal fees are not deductible.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Opus 17
Level 15

Personal legal fees and related expenses are not deductible.  Counseling can be a medical expense deduction.  

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v