Solved: Can I change the figures for a single stock sale due to corrected 1099 from Ameritrade, or should I delete the Ameritrade import completely and import the changed 1099?

donnabeachrumsey

Can I change the figures for a single stock sale due to corrected 1099 from Ameritrade, or should I delete the Ameritrade import completely and import the changed 1099?

I received a corrected 1099.  The dollar amounts for one stock sale have been changed, resulting in a change to the summary of proceeds totals.  If I manually change the single stock transaction, will my totals be corrected also, or should I delete the Ameritrade import and do it over?

HelenaC

I would change the figures for the single stock and verify that the summary, in TurboTax, updated for the change.

If it does not update, you could then delete the original Ameritrade import and re-import it.

Related information:

HelenaC

Related information: