TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
109 people found this useful

How do I update or delete something I imported into TurboTax?

To update or delete information you imported in TurboTax Online, follow these instructions:

1. Open your return by selecting Take me to my return from the home screen.
  2. From the left side menu, select Federal and then select Income & Expenses.
  3. Proceed to the Your Income and expenses screen.
  4. Select the Edit button next to the item you would like to update or delete.

In the TurboTax CD/Download software, you can delete imported items as follows:

1. Open your return.
  2. From the TurboTax File menu, select Remove Imported Data.
  3. Select the item(s) you want to remove and follow the on-screen instructions.

Caution!

Changing information you imported may be problematic. If you are audited, for example, you would have to explain why the numbers on your return differ from the original data source.

If you must update or delete items, be sure to keep detailed notes with your tax records.

For Quicken, QuickBooks, and .txf imports, it's best that you update your data in those programs (rather than in TurboTax) before importing so that your books match your tax return.

If you've already imported your Quicken, QuickBooks, or .txf file, you can re-import the updated information by selecting the Replace option when prompted.

GEN86630
p_cg_tto_us_lc_na_question:L3r1r02Yz_US_en_US