Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dayn57803

Can I change my status from single to married filling separately through my TurboTax account?

I have not been able to fix my status through TurboTax even though I am filing with TurboTax and I already payed $138 through the app to be able to do it faster.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Can I change my status from single to married filling separately through my TurboTax account?

Click on My Info on the left side of the online program screen.  Edit you personal information to change your Filing Status.

Did you already file it as Single? If you haven't filed it yet you can go back yo My Info and click Edit by your name and change it.  Say you are married and not filing together. 

If you did file and it was Accepted you need to send in an Amended return to change it.  You should not amend until the first return has fully processed and you get the first refund or your tax due payment has cleared.  

How to Amend this year

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/amend-federal-tax-return-curr...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies