Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I buy unused new TurboTax 2023 tax year software from an eBay seller and register it with an intuit account I have used in the past.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Can I buy unused new TurboTax 2023 tax year software from an eBay seller and register it with an intuit account I have used in the past.

Yes, if it is truly brand new and unused and not already registered.  

And you will need the license code from the seller.

Yes, that's how it will be.  There is a tear-away portion with the code hidden that is unopened, plus a 30 day return period if it's not as listed.  My problem is I'm unfamiliar with this new process and want to be sure it's doable.  I suppose somewhere on my account with intuit there is a place to register this software, once I have the code, but I haven't really looked, or it seems it's not easy to find.  I've been using Turbotax since around 1993, every year.  I tried the Advantage program for one or two years,  which is too expensive for me now, as I'm basically terminally ill and unable to get assistance until I file my 2023 taxes that I filed and extension for.  Very difficult times.

@jjdzignpro See this TurboTax support FAQ for installing the desktop software with a license code - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/license-information/install-turbotax-cd-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies