Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I add an expert assistance after I filed for an extension using my DIY Turbo Tax?

Can I add an expert assistance after filing for an extension?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can I add an expert assistance after I filed for an extension using my DIY Turbo Tax?

If you have not filed the 2023 tax return and are using the TurboTax online editions you can upgrade to one of the Live editions for Tax Expert assistance.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for Live - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/intuit-product-orders/get-turbotax-live/...

View solution in original post

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Yes. In the link DoninGA posted, look for the section about Desktop TurboTax and how to upgrage.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies

If you have not filed the 2023 tax return and are using the TurboTax online editions you can upgrade to one of the Live editions for Tax Expert assistance.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for Live - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/intuit-product-orders/get-turbotax-live/...

My version is the desktop Turbo Tax. Can I still upgrade for assistance? I've already filled in all our information, but I have a few questions (which is why I filed an extension).

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Yes. In the link DoninGA posted, look for the section about Desktop TurboTax and how to upgrage.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Live assistance is only available for online TurboTax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies