Solved: Can heat pump installation be deducted as large sales tax item?

Can heat pump installation be deducted as large sales tax item?

You can only deduct the Sales Tax portion. TurboTax will open a form for you to enter the cost, then enter the Sales Tax paid based on your State's/County/Local combined sales tax rate, which must also be entered. It will then add that value to the calculated General Sales Taxes on Line 5 of Schedule A.

The Heat Pump may also qualify for an Energy Credit. You should look into that.

Thanks!  I navigated through the Q&A to see if my heat pump qualified for the Energy Credit, but it did not, which is why I questioned if it qualified as a "large item", to see if I could deduct the sales tax portion.  I appreciate your reply.