ricanddaisy

Ca Tax Board tells me I can pay income taxes by CC but TT doesn't give that option. It only gives the option of mailing a check or a payment plan. Why is this so?

I am trying to file electronically and pay by credit card to the State of California but Turbo Tax doesn't give me that option to pay by credit card although I know, according to the Franchise Tax board web site that I can pay by credit card as long as I pay a convenience fee. Can you please help me with this?

DanielV01

CA probably gives you the option to pay by CC on their website, but TurboTax cannot make this offer because the payment must be made either directly with the state or through it's third-party vendor.  TurboTax cannot process this for you.

Most states do not allow credit card payments from tax preparation software.  If you choose to pay by credit card on the state website, then in TurboTax just select your method of payment as mailing a check.  Then e-file your state tax return and do not send the check.

You will need to go to the state website if you want to pay the state taxes owed by credit card - https://www.ftb.ca.gov/online/CCard.shtml