Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CA return rejected--X0000-020 - Your Federal return does not match the latest published IRS Schema or is not well formed.

My federal return was accepted. Today I received a TurboTax email that my California return was rejected. The email said: X0000-020 - Your Federal return does not match the latest published IRS Schema or is not well formed.

When I go back into TurboTax it takes me to the efile screens. It doesn't ask me to change anything in my return. Before I filed I ran all of the error checks and didn't have any errors when I filed.  Should I just efile again or what should I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
douger

CA return rejected--X0000-020 - Your Federal return does not match the latest published IRS Schema or is not well formed.

Same for me.  I went back through TurboTax and to fix and then re-efiled.  I wasn't asked to actually "fix" anything so maybe the system did.  Seems like an internal issue with TurboTax and IRS.

douger

I was just notified my State return was accepted after re-filing.  I did run into another similar topic on the same error and sounded like it had to do with the solar tax credit.  Not confirmed but looks like TurboTax made the appropriate changes as I didn't actually make any changes before re-filing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies