Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

chocolate925
Returning Member

Bug Report in Iowa 1041 (Business 2023) desktop software

I noted the following bugs with the desktop software for the Iowa 1041  (Business 2023, Iowa state download).   When printing the forms that need to be filed (TurboTax does not e-file for the Iowa 1041, it says that it must be printed and manually filed), I noted the following errors:

- Form 2023 IA 1041, pages 8, 9 and 10:  It is not filling in 'Name of the Estate or Trust' and 'FEIN' at the top of each page

- Form 2023 IA 1041, page 10: It is not filling in the 'Date' field for 'Signature of fiduciary or officer representing fiduciary' even though I entered this date into the form in TurboTax

- Form 2023 IA 1041 K-1, page 2: At the top of the page, it is putting the name and FEIN of the beneficiary rather than the estate/trust in the fields 'Name of estate or trust entity type' and 'FEIN'.  These fields should display the estate/trust name and FEIN, not the beneficiary's.

Would you please correct these errors and let me know when I can reprint the forms with the correct information?

Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Are you still experiencing this problem?

Make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

If you still are not able to solve this, please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
chocolate925
Returning Member

Unfortunately the problem still exists.  I have downloaded all the software updates and talked to customer service a couple of weeks ago (they kept me on the phone for two hours before determining that this was a bug with the software and logging it).  It has still not been fixed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies