turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jobrux1
Returning Member

blank payment screen for credit card information

Turbo Tax Home and Business Desktop (not online) 2023, Windows 10.  I"m ready to file my return.  When I try to pay the $25 for state efile, a blank window pops up (for enter credit card info) and unable to enter credit card info.  I spent at least 2 hours on phone to 'support'.  they asked me to do stuff that didn't make sense (stop ad blocking on Chrome, even though Chome not running!).  Decided to mail state form since TT wouldn't let me enter credit card info.  Before mailing and on my own (no TT 'support;'), I decided to do one last Google search for solution to this problem.  I found comment somewhere suggesting run TT in Windows 8 compatability mode.  So, before starting TT, I right-clicked on TurboTax 2023 icon>properties>compatibility>then selected "Run the program in compatibility mode for Windows 8". This worked for me.  I was then able to get the proper credit card entry screen, enter my credit card info and file the state return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Tranvu

• I have the same issue, can't make the $25 dollars payment to TT to efile my state tax. The screen is not blank. It's message showes on the screen "Hmm... It looks like we've hit a slight snag. "Please try again or check back in a bit." Or call TT. I have tried many times, also tried your method, it still not working. Called TT, noone available to help. Customer service rep even hang up the phone when she couldn't answer my question or help me to find the solution. Very bad. TT is no longer reliable. 
MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

You might try logging out and back in, and using a different browser to go online for the payment, or restarting your device. Chrome generally works well. Check the status of your Internet connection; a hardwired connection works best.

As others have suggested, you could try using compatibility mode. Right-click on the TurboTax shortcut, go to Properties, then the Compatibility tab. Check the box to run the program in compatibility mode, and select an earlier version of Windows.

Try clearing your cache and cookies.  If, after trying all of the options mentioned, you still have the same problem:

See this help article and this one for instructions on how to contact TurboTax customer support depending on which product you are using.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mjmcco

what about with a desktop?  This is so annoying

LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

In TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.  Also, make sure you have run all the updates.  

@mjmcco 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies