jweir0410

Being charged before filing

I tried to e-file my taxes today and sadly wasn’t accepted due to an error with importing my w2, however I was already charged the $80 to file. I received an email with the $80 payment confirmation. Why did the charge to my credit card go through if my taxes weren’t even accepted and weren’t even technically filed today?

CarissaM

Being charged before filing

The charge is to prepare your return using the Turbo Tax software. Turbo Tax does not charge to e-file. 

If you need any additional assistance, please contact customer service by following this FAQ

jrobert1996

Being charged before filing

That is ridiculous. Just another way of company's screwing over their customers because it says on the deluxe version that it doesn't charge until you file. Well that is a complete and utter lie. I never filed my taxes because the charge to file was crazy high compared to other online sites. I want my money back. I will NEVER use turbotax again and will not recommend it to anyone because of how customers are treated.