Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BDC 1099-MISC Requiring Link to Schedule C

I got a 1099-MISC from Barings, which is a BDC or Business Development Corporation.  I entered it like the other couple 1099-MISC's that I had. 

During review prior to sending 1040 in to the IRS, TurboTax flagged a problem in that the Barings 1099-MISC required a link to the schedule C, and entry of the business or profession name.  None of the other 1099-MISC's required such a link. 

Question: Should I go back and look for a mistake I made when entering the Barings 1099-MISC, or is it common for one 1099 to require such a link and business name entry when the others didn't? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

It depends. If this income is related to your self-employed business, you can either link it to that Schedule C or delete it and enter under the Schedule C income topic instead.

If this income is not related to your business or your job, you need to review your entries for the 1099-MISC. Be sure you indicate that this is "other" income, for whatever purpose is appropriate.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

It depends. If this income is related to your self-employed business, you can either link it to that Schedule C or delete it and enter under the Schedule C income topic instead.

If this income is not related to your business or your job, you need to review your entries for the 1099-MISC. Be sure you indicate that this is "other" income, for whatever purpose is appropriate.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies