Andy19008

Attach 1099 to my efile tax return

I want to attach my 1099 from my brokerage instead of entering all the information by hand.  The software for Business said I would be prompted to do so prior to efiling, but there has not been a prompt, and I have been unable to figure out how to do this.  A call to the support center was useless.  Please advise if this is possible for an efile, and if so, how?  (I have saved a pdf version of the 1099, and can easily attach it.)

Andy19008

Attach 1099 to my efile tax return

I hope one of the "experts" will respond to this, if only to say I can't efile.  Thanks!

Cynthiad66

Attach 1099 to my efile tax return

Unfortunately you cannot add an attachment to an e-filed tax return. TurboTax doesn't provide this feature, in part because the IRS and state e-file systems would not be able to recognize them as a tax form and check their accuracy.  You would have to print and mail your return.

fanfare

Attach 1099 to my efile tax return

Other tax programs have been able to do this for years.

check it out.

Hint: it's one of the other two in the top three.

(Moderators get mad if I name other tax software here)

Paul714

Attach 1099 to my efile tax return

I have the exact problem.  I entered the summary data, TurboTax for Business said I would be prompted to add a pdf of my 1099 before filing,  aaaand nothing.  

Andy19008

Attach 1099 to my efile tax return

Can you back-channel it to me?  (for next year)...  [email address removed]

Thanks!