Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Asking for EIN

I made about $261 through MarketForce and do not have a form. I keep trying to report the amount in my taxes and it keeps taking me to some misc form thing asking for the payers EIN which I don’t have for them so it will not let me file my taxes. I don’t even have the income reported under the Misc session and even when I did they keep asking the same thing3438EF87-FE1A-4D5E-8AC4-2FE906E5C89B.jpeg

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
RayW7
Expert Alumni

Asking for EIN

The “general rule” is that business owners must issue a Form 1099-NEC to each person to whom you have paid at least $600 in rents, services (including parts and materials), prizes and awards, or other income payments. 

You most likely will not receive a 1099-NEC, so delete the current information and enter the income as show below.

If you did not receive a 1099-misc or 1099-MISC,  then you can report this as miscellaneous income.

Select Federal TaxesWages & IncomeI'll Choose What to Work On

Scroll to Less Common Income, and select Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C

Select Other Income not already reported on For W-2 or for 1099

Select Yes

Continue until you see Any Other Earned Income, and select yes, now on the next screen select other

Complete the information

Asking for EIN

Just enter it as Other self employment income or as Cash or General income.  You don't need to get a 1099NEC or 1099K.  Even if you did you can enter all your income as Cash.  Only the total goes to schedule C.

You can enter Self Employment Income into Online Deluxe or Premier but if you have any expenses you will have to upgrade to the Self Employed version.  Or use any of the Desktop CD/Download programs.

How to enter income from Self Employment

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/self-employed/help/how-do-i-report-income-from-self-employment/00/...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies