turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

mjlinhle

Apex Clearing House is not Importing (Robinhood, M1 Finance, etc) and results in a (103) error, why isn't this working?

Upgraded to Self-Employed (used to be Home And Business which I used in the past for more than 500 transactions), and guess what, it still couldn’t import Robinhood Apex Clearing.

Apex Clearing House is not Importing (Robinhood, M1 Finance, etc) and results in a (103) error, why isn't this working?

Solution- call turbotax if you have already purchased online version and request download of software to computer.  The download software is necessary because it handles more stock trades (2500) vs the online version (500), and then the 1099 form from Robinhood Apex can be imported.
ericve25

That's not the problem for many of us. The account I have that errors on import only has like 20 or 30 trades in it.

That’s not the problem don’t have 500 trades

So have you actually downloaded the premier version software (not the online format)?
ericve25

Tried that already, didn't work.

If you're anxious to file, print the consolidated 1099-B and use the summary option for Category A or D.
If you have adjustments TurboTax will mark you  "M" (mail in)
If no adjustments, guess what, you don't have to mail and you don't have to Import. You will be able to e-File immediately.

I may have to resort to this ^. Ive tried emailing Robinhood but have not gotten any real solutions other than to contact Turbotax. And when I do try and contact Turbotax, they recommend calling Robinhood. Its like a never-ending feedback loop. Robinhood as an app is great to use but come tax season its a huge huge headache. Ive tried adding "10-" to my account number, using my SSN without dashes, tried importing from my phone and desktop and still no go. Does anyone know why importing from Apex is such a problem? Are there any real solutions out there? Thanks.

How many total stock trades are in your document from Apex?  I wonder if it's over 2500, then regardless of downloading turbotax to computer, it may not work.
ericve25

I'm nowhere close to that many. Only have like 100 total. As you can tell from how many other people are still having problems, there's clearly something wrong on Apex's side for some accounts.

Is this on the website or downloaded to computer?
mjlinhle

It was online

Call turbotax and tell them you need the premier software that downloads to your computer (if you've already paid for online).  I'm 95% certain this will fix the problem for the import of apex 1099.  It fixes the issue for me.

@jayman2017  I wouldn't call it resorting. I'd call it expediting.

Expediting would be the import. The rest is just hassle.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies