Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

anyone does this or know :TurboTax 2023 - sharing an account to efile?

For 2023 TT software. It is pretty much known that only one user is allowed to use it on 5 PCs.  Assuming I have my cousin using my PCs to work and filing his returns.  When he does the efile,  will my payment info, email address popup and becomes the default  that he has to use?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

No, none of your information will be on another tax return that was started using the TurboTax software unless you put it there.

Creating a New Tax Return, is just that, New.  The only information on the new tax return is what will be entered by whomever is entering the information on the return.

Confirm for sure? 

Thanks. I am wary that when he efiles, my bank account and email will be linked and get me to pay for his payment?

No.    Allowing your relative to use your PC and your desktop software does not give him access to your payment information or any of your other information.   If he owes tax he will have to make his own arrangements to pay whatever he owes.  

It seems like a lot of people are very confused this year.   It does not say that only one "user" can file tax returns with the desktop software.   TurboTax cracked down on the way some people were giving out their license codes to acquaintances, friends, relatives, etc. that did not live within their households.   The license code is linked to one user's TT account, but that does not mean that the software cannot be used to prepare returns for family members, etc.  And......just like in the past.....others cannot see your tax information or gain access to your credit card information, etc.  

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thanks  a lot.  I am just wary of all my info captured as default when he efiled. 

I have an old win 10 laptop I used just for tax filing.  I will have him use it just like I do it for him.

Thanks a lot!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies