Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anybody know why my 2021 income would start off with a negative amount?

I have 2020 self employment work with amount under it and 2021 with a negative amount, before even starting the return.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

If you pulled thru the 2020 information AND you have assets being depreciated or an NOL carried forward then starting with a negative is normal. 

Thanks for your response.  Can you tell me what an NOL is and whatever that negative amount is, comes right off the top of my earnings?  Thank you again.

@ redsoxterry  wrote:

Thanks for your response.  Can you tell me what an NOL is and whatever that negative amount is, comes right off the top of my earnings?  Thank you again.

Someone familiar with that can likely explain what an NOL (net operating loss) is in this forum, but for your particular situation and for any in-depth back-and-forth, also be aware that your product (Live Self-Employed), which you are paying extra for, includes on-demand live realtime help from a CPA/EA tax expert.   With that live product, in addition to on-demand live help (including live one-way video chat if desired), you can also get a review of your return by an expert prior to filing.

FAQ:  What is TurboTax Live?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/what-is-turbotax-live/01/27191

FAQ:  How to connect with a live tax expert
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/expert-review/help/how-do-i-connect-with-a-tax-expert-in-turbotax-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies