Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Amended return updated to 130 pages

I filed my 2020 return early and was told That would have to amend due to earned income credit being available with the tax law changes. I had zero eic on my original return. 
  I waited till I got my original return of 5583 and then gave it a few months before I amended my return. 
  So at this point, my original return had been accepted, processed and refunded to me in March. I filed my amended return in July which was accepted the same day. 
   I randomly check my transcript and my turbo tax return to see if anything had changed.  Nothing had until I looked today.
    It changed in a few ways, my dashboard had never had a refund amount in regards to my amended return. Today it shows a refund amount of $4600. 
   When I downloaded the return it was 130 pages long compared to the 10 page one I submitted in July. 
   The 3 columns that are on the first page of my current amended return are different than on my original amended return. 
   The eic was not in column 1 originally since I wasn’t paid that. It was blank and the 2nd column showed my credit of eic. And then the 3rd column also showed the difference which was the same at the 2nd column since the first column was zero. 
   The return that is on my dashboard now shows eic in column 1, zero in column2 and eic in column 3 which resulted in no changes and no additional refund. 
   I was never paid the 1970 for eic. It clearly shows that on my 1040 original return. 
  I called turbo tax this morning, explained this, and asked who went in and did all the worksheets on my account, if it was tt or the irs? I’m not sure how it works but the date at the bottom of each page is 9/14/21. 
  On my transcript it shows my file date of 1040x on 7.29.21 then it shows the same thing, That I filed a 1040x on 9.14.21. 
   When I call the irs they said they have not opened my file to work on it at all. And then turbo tax says they have no idea about the new version of  my 1040x that is on tt dashboard. 
  1. How is it that tt doesn’t know how my 1040x, was changed, and who accessed it. 
  2. what do I do about the 1040x reporting no refund when it should be 1970 of eic. 
  3. It also has multiple pages of turbo visa advance forms that I had filed o and gotten in February but it looks like they are processing the request for an advance again. 
  4. How does no one know anything about my taxes. IRS and tt are the only two people who SHOULD know about them. 

The agent helped me with nothing and said he didn’t know where it came from, what it means to me, and he didn’t know what else to tell me. 
  I asked for a manger and they will call me 24-48 hours but I had to ask on here to see if anyone can help. 

I can provide more information if needed for some guidence. I tried to lay it out beat I could. 

thansk. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Since IRS received your 1040-X, that's what counts.

You now have to wait to see how the IRS completes your amendment .

they will either give you the credit or send a letter saying why not.

That could take many months.

I hope you kept a copy of what you sent in for your own records.

". It clearly shows that on my 1040 original return. "

you are now looking at your revised 1040 return , because you opened it and the tax law changes are incorporated.

IRS recently changed its policy and said they will calculate the EIC for you.

You would not have to amend to get that additional credit.

there are other credits that might also pop on that IRS won't calculate.

For those you would still have to amend.

Form 1040-X is two pages, so I don't know what other 128 pages you might be looking at.

A couple of points ... the 10 pages originally filed is the actual return.  The PDF you could download recently includes all the fed/state/program worksheets that are not part of the actual tax return so don't let that worry you ... the IRS got what they needed.  Eventually they will process the return so check the IRS site once a week for a progress report.

As to the issue of why the amended return is not the same is probably due to program updates and/or  you accidentally clicked on the amendment process a second time.  Again this doesn't affect the return you already filed.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies