Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

olichwendy
Returning Member

Amend return because of tax break

I received this email last year.  However, the link does not work to let me amend the tax return.  How do I do this if the link doesn't work?  It says access denied, even though the email was from Turbotax.  Thank you.

We’re reaching out because you may qualify for a tax break if you paid mortgage insurance premiums or had private mortgage insurance in 2018.

The mortgage insurance deduction lets you deduct private mortgage insurance (PMI) or mortgage insurance premiums (MIP)

We’re letting you know about the updated tax law now because you filed your return before Congress changed the laws.

If this applies to you, we’ve got your back. Whenever you’re ready, we’ll be here to help you amend (change) your 2018 federal return to see if this tax break benefits you. There’s no rush to amend your return because you’ll be able to amend at any time.

You can only file amended returns by mail. The IRS can take up to 16 weeks after receipt to process your amended tax return.

If you’ve already taken action regarding this tax break, you can disregard this email.

Click here for instructions on how to amend your return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
olichwendy
Returning Member

Amend return because of tax break

Thank you so much for the fast response!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies