turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Amend 2019 Return via Turbo Tax already filed by Accounting Firm

I had an accounting firm file my 2019 Taxes, which I've already received my "paltry" 2019 Refund. Tax return was MFS (married filing separately), with 1 child, even though we had 2 children. :(  STANDARD Deduction was taken.

My spouse, will file her 2019 Taxes soon (MFS with 0 Dependents), but since she has her own "side" business, in addition to her full-time position, she will need to "ITEMIZE" her deductions. OK so far?

I want to AMEND my 2019 taxes THROUGH TuboTax, changing from STANDARD to ITEMIZED deductions, and claiming the 2 children as deductions, in addition to GLARING errors by the accounting firm. (I am FINISHED with this firm for good!) I just did my taxes through TT using the same numbers I gave this firm, and instead of the "paltry" few hundred dollars refunded, I will get in excess over $3k.

So...I've already entered this information through TT, how can I change it to the 1040X, from the 1040 SR? Or do I have to start over?

Thanks in advance for any help! I appreciate it!

JR

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Amend 2019 Return via Turbo Tax already filed by Accounting Firm

You have completed the first step by entering your already filed tax return into TurboTax.  This tax return has to match exactly your filed tax return.  You will now prepare your amended tax by downloading Form 1040X from TurboTax.  This link How to File an Amended Return with the IRS has information that you may find useful in preparing your amended tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies