Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

After paying the turbotax fees about 113 total I was sent an error code telling me I already filed my taxes. My question is do I recieve the turbotax fee refund back ?

Seeing that my taxes were already filed do I lose the turbotax fee money? How can I get the refund
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

After paying the turbotax fees about 113 total I was sent an error code telling me I already filed my taxes. My question is do I recieve the turbotax fee refund back ?

Are you sure you already filed?  How did you file the first time?  Or did it reject for a duplicate ssn?  What exactly is the reject code and message?  Maybe someone else used your ssn or a dependent ssn on their return?  You may still need to file your return.  

How to check your efile status

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/electronic-filing/check-e-file-status/L9...

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.  And check your spam folder for them.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  What does it say?

To answer your question ... no there is no refund of the TT program fees paid (there is no extra fee to efile the returns using the online program) ... they are the same if you efile  or paper file.  At no time were the fees dependent on a successful efiling. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies