jvanpraag

After importing my broker data I received a corrected 1099. I'm still in the process of doing my return. Can I re-import my broker data? If so, exactly how do I proceed?

pattif12

You will need to delete the first statement and import the corrected one.

You will want to start with deleting the original ones.

While in your return, type “1099” in the Search box and then select the “Jump to” link. This will take you directly to the 1099 Summary screen. Select Edit or Delete next to the 1099 you want to change or delete.

If you’re deleting a 1099, answer Yes when you’re asked to confirm the deletion.

Then import the revised 1099's into the program:

You can securely import your 1099-B1099-DIV1099-INT1099-OID, or 1099-R into TurboTax.

When you get to the place in TurboTax where we ask if you received that form, answer Yes and we'll give you the option to import.

You can also jump straight to that section by searching for the 1099 form number in TurboTax and then clicking the Jump to link in the search results.

Tip: When selecting your financial institution or brokerage from the list, be sure to select the right one.

And double check that the corrected one is in the program.

jvanpraag

Thanks for your reply. When I type 1099 into the search box I get a help window on the right with lots of references to 1099, but no 'jump to' link.

MayaD

Form 1099-B: Proceeds from Broker and Barter Exchange is a federal tax form used by brokerages and barter exchanges to record customers' gains and losses during a tax year.

Form 1099-B is reported in the Investment Income section.

Please follow the steps below to import form 1099-B

• Login to your account.
  • Select Federal from the left menu.
  • Go to Wages and Income then Income and Expenses.
  • Scroll down to Investment Income.
  • Select Revisit next to Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other.
  • Delete the Incorrect 1099-B
  • Select Add more sales and continue to Import the corrected 1099 form