meyerstwo

After downloading my information from Charles Schwab, Turbo Tax suggested I use the Premier option for your service. Why would this be advantageous for me?

SteamTrain

Depends on what you imported.

1) A 1099-INT doesn't require Premier

2) A 1099-DIV will "require" Premier...IF it contains any $$ in boxes 2a,b,c,or d.

3) A 1099B/8949 will "require" Premier for any stock/bond/mutual fund sales during the year.

At the points on #2 and #3 where I said "require" above...it is not an option for you, you must use Premier if you use the Online software.  Desktop software will do all of that OK with Desktop Deluxe...it's just Online Deluxe that can't.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

SteamTrain

Depends on what you imported.

1) A 1099-INT doesn't require Premier