Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

xbillmh

Affiliate discounts never seem to apply properly. What is the secret to getting your discount, or is it just a scam?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Affiliate discounts never seem to apply properly. What is the secret to getting your discount, or is it just a scam?

Most often, you have to access the software from the 3rd party affiliate link for promotional offers.   Unless you are US military, then no special link is required.   Which promotion program are you inquiring about? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

xbillmh

I used two different affiliate links to log in on two different computers.  Still didn't work.  Have the same problem every year.  This is a scam, if it so difficult to claim the discount advertised.  Each year, I have to call into Turbotax and have them manually apply the discount to my check-out process, because they can't get it to work, either.  Enough Turbo Tax, just stop with the fake discounts.

xbillmh

No, no, no.  Don't give people this canned response.  It doesn't work.  At least not on my computers.

Spit Balling:

Maybe a cookie blocker on your Computer?

....or  Browser issue?  The Brave browser has been known to block all kinds of things that feed into TTX, until folks tun off that browser's high security or firewall settings.

....or a high security setting on whatever browser you are using that doesn't hold/keep the cookie, or whatever background code is needed such that the discount is applied?

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies