Accidentally filed for 2019

y4rwedfgnty

Accidentally filed for 2019

I filed for my 2019 taxes but never received a return. I tried filing for them again thinking they got lost in the mail, entered all my information but the app is garbage and it didnt even tell me it was 2020 only so I submited my taxes on the wrong year. I just got an email saying that it was accepted too, wtf am I supposed to do?

y4rwedfgnty

Accidentally filed for 2019

I have no option to fill out my actual 2020 taxes either

EbonyA

Accidentally filed for 2019

By "return" I assume you mean refund; keep in mind that due to the ongoing effects of the pandemic, the IRS is experiencing major delays with many 2019 mail in returns not yet processed. If you log into the app this year then naturally your return will be for the current tax year unless you purchased software to support filing of a previous year return. You may confirm what has actually been filed already by using this E-File Status tool. You may also contact support via phone for further assistance - contact details can be found here.